Anatomy and Physiology
The aim of this course is to expand upon what was learned in your Biology class, while emphasizing the application of this material to human structures and functions. This course begins the study of human beings at the microscopic level and works its way up to an in-depth study of select organ systems. Special emphasis will be placed upon applying and demonstrating the information learned in this course through, not only tests and quizzes, but through special projects and collaboration as well.
The course is also designed to give the student an understanding of how structure and function are related in the human body. The student will study the human body from the cellular level to the organ system level. All of the major body systems will be studied in great detail. Additionally, biochemistry, cell biology, histology, biotechnology, bioethics, and pathology will also be studied. This course is highly recommended for students seeking a career in science or a health-related profession.
- The body can be described, organized, and classified for understanding.
- There is a comprehensive language that applies to the structure of animals that is based in Latin and Greek.
- A tissue’s structure and location can affect its function.
- The integumentary system plays a crucial role as the body’s first defense against infection and illness.
- The skeletal system is the body’s main support structure.
- The muscular system provides the body with movement, heat production, and protection.
- The nervous system is the control center of the human body.
- The digestive system changes food from an insoluble form to a soluble, absorbable form that the body can use.
- Blood is a specialized fluid that is involved in immunity, clotting mechanisms, and delivers nutrients to the body’s cells and transports waste away from that same body cell.
|S.No.||Fee Component||Amount (USD)||Description|
|1||Subject Fee||$ 400||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration.|
|2||Examination Fee||$ 100||To be paid within 3 months of Registration.|
Grade 9 - 12