This course focuses on the continuation and enhancement of language skills presented in Level 1. Vocabulary and grammar structures are revisited and expanded to provide students an opportunity to move towards an intermediate comprehension level. Speaking and listening skills are enhanced through recommended real-life voice activities. Listening skills are honed through online dialogues. Reading and writing skills are developed through access to completion of meaningful activities related to travel, to the Olympics, to natural disasters, and to the space program. Reading of culturally related articles of interest and responding to reading in the target language, along with the use of technology, reinforces authentic language development and fosters cultural understandings through exposure to native speakers and their daily routines.
- Learning a language is an on-going process.
- The recognition and use of patterns of verb forms gives the speaker a wider range of communication skills.
- Successful communication requires knowledge of culture and customs.
- Culture influences perception, perspectives, values and reaction.
- Using direct and indirect object pronouns makes speech sound more natural.
- Like the United States, France has territories and departments that are not located in mainland France.
- Reflexive verbs are often used to describe daily events related to personal care and feelings.
- Although English is the official language for most of Canada, the province of Québec is predominantly French speaking and is the only Canadian province whose official language is French.
- French speakers use two different tenses to describe events that occurred in the past.
- Haiti is an independent Caribbean nation with a rich history that has suffered many hardships due to natural disasters and corrupt leadership.
- French speakers can express what will happen using the future tense.
- French is not a direct translation of English.
- France has a space program, which is based in its département d’outre mer, la Guyane Française.
|S.No.||Fee Component||Amount (USD)||Description|
|1||Subject Fee||$ 400||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration.|
|2||Examination Fee||$ 100||To be paid within 3 months of Registration.|
Grade 9 - 12
- Joie De lire! Intermediate Reader Level 2.
- July 19, 2002 By Rinehart and Winston Holt
- ISBN: 0030656273