Students further deepen their understanding of French by focusing on the three modes of communication: interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational. Each unit consists of a variety of activities which teach the students how to understand more difficult written and spoken passages, to communicate with others through informal speaking and writing interactions, and to express their thoughts and opinions in more formal spoken and written contexts. Students should expect to be actively engaged in their own language learning, use correct vocabulary terms and phrases naturally, incorporate a wide range of grammar concepts consistently and correctly while speaking and writing, participate in conversations covering a wide range of topics and respond appropriately to conversational prompts, analyze and compare cultural practices, products, and perspectives of various French-speaking countries, read and analyze important pieces of Hispanic literature, and take frequent assessments where their language progression can be monitored. The course is conducted almost entirely in French. The course has been carefully aligned to national standards as set forth by ACTFL (the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages).
- Engage in language learning.
- Begin to prepare for the AP French test.
- Review and expand upon a wide range of grammar patterns.
- Participate in detailed conversations and respond appropriately to a variety of conversational prompts.
- Generate language incorporating advanced vocabulary and grammar patterns.
- Read, write, speak, and listen for meaning using advanced French.
- Analyze and compare cultural practices, products, and perspectives of various French-speaking countries.
- Regularly assess progress in proficiency through quizzes, tests, and speaking/writing submissions.
|S.No.||Fee Component||Amount (USD)||Description|
|1||Subject Fee||$ 400||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration.|
|2||Examination Fee||$ 100||To be paid within 3 months of Registration.|
Grade 9 - 12
French 1, French 2 or equivalent
- Internet Navigation
- Word Processing
- Email Communication