This course is an introductory course teaching basic comprehension and communication in German. It coordinates the study of language with culture through the use of video, audio and mass media production. This course assumes prior or no knowledge of the German language. It introduces the fundamentals of conversational and grammatical patterns of the German language with presentations to present the material. Students who complete the course successfully will begin to develop a functional competency in the four primary language areas: speaking, reading, listening and writing, while establishing a solid grammatical base and exploration into German culture.
This course will further develop their skills in pronunciation, grammar skills, grammar structures and vocabulary. Oral practice (via Voice Tools), homework assignments, games, songs, watching videos, quizzes, tests, projects and other activities such as writing wikis and journal entries, will be emphasized to accomplish this goal. The different cultures of the German-speaking world are emphasized through readings, videos and other activities. Taking the time to learn another language is a mind-expanding activity that can open up a world of opportunities and advantages.
- Language connects people.
- You can learn a second language.
- The language we use changes with the situation.
- People appreciate your effort to learn their language.
- Learning another language will open the door to a new culture.
- Language requires you to solve problems.
- Conversations are more than questions and answers.
- You already have language skills that you can use to successfully learn another language.
- We gain knowledge of our own culture through comparing it with others.anguage connects people.
|S.No.||Fee Component||Amount (USD)||Description|
|1||Subject Fee||$ 400||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration.|
|2||Examination Fee||$ 100||To be paid within 3 months of Registration.|
Grade 9 - 12