In this course, students build on grammar and language skills that they acquired during their G1 course. While reviewing basic grammar skills, (present and past tenses), students learn and study stem-changing verb conjugation and explore cultural themes regarding current events, famous German people, music and famous festivals. As the course progresses, students increase their proficiency in being able to communicate by forming more complex German sentences in a variety of tenses using all four cases (Nominative, Accusative, Dative and Genitive). The variety of topics increases also, from exploring different careers to discussing relationships. Cultural themes are entwined throughout this course related to going shopping, to going to the zoo and also to travel throughout the German-speaking world.
- Basic vocabulary, grammar and word structure are an important foundation to becoming more fluent in speaking and writing German.
- Learning about German-speaking culture and people gives you the tools to better understand the German people today.
- Learning words and structures for talking about your future is important to expressing yourself in German.
- Vocabulary and grammar describing daily life and life in the country are essential to understanding how others live.
- Knowing vocabulary and grammar related to living in the city allows you to draw better comparisons between where you live and German-speaking countries. Correct use of shopping vocabulary and grammar are essential to living and expressing your opinion in German.
- Using the correct vocabulary and commands when participating in hobbies and going to the doctor allows you to have more successful experiences.
- Basic housing-related vocabulary is a fundamental building block in speaking German with fluency.
- German words and phrases are important to planning travel in and around Europe.
|S.No.||Fee Component||Amount (USD)||Description|
|1||Subject Fee||$ 250||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration.|
|2||Examination Fee||$ 100||To be paid within 3 months of Registration.|
Grade 6 - 8