Social Science (SS 705) - Grade 7
|Unit 1||Athens and Sparta: Wars, Forts and Armoury||05||Read more|
|Unit 2||Rise of Islam and the Crusades||05||Read more|
|Unit 3||The Delhi Sultanate: Rise and Growth||05||Read more|
|Unit 4||Europe in the Middle Ages: Feudalism||05||Read more|
|Unit 5||Society and Culture in Asia-The Mughals in India||10||Read more|
|Unit 6||Land Resource||05||Read more|
|Unit 7||Interior of the Earth||10||Read more|
|Unit 8||Natural vegetation||05||Read more|
|Unit 9||Water - Water on land||05||Read more|
|Unit 10||Governance: Different Kinds of Governance||10||Read more|
|Unit 11||Distribution of Power and Centers of Power||05||Read more|
|Unit 12||Birth and Growth of Democracy||05||Read more|
|Unit 13||Forms of Democratic Government||05||Read more|
|Unit 14||Economic and Non- economic activities||10||Read more|
|Unit 15||Types of Economics||10||Read more|
Athens and Sparta: Wars, Forts and Armoury
- The rise of Athens and Sparta as important City States in the ancient Greece.
- Rise of Sparta over the Athens as a powerful military state.
- Concept of Oligarchy and Democracy in Greece.
- Characteristic features of Athens and Sparta.
Rise of Islam and the Crusades
- Conditions that led to the rise of Islam.
- Hazrat Mohammed as the propagator and consolidator of Islam.
- The dynastic rule of the Ummayyads and the Abbasids
- The crusades or the Holy wars
The Delhi Sultanate: Rise and Growth-I
- Detailed study of five different dynasties that ruled over Delhi during this period: -
- The Slave Dynasty(1206-1210A.D) -
- The Khilji Dynasty(1290-1320A.D) –
- The Tughlaq Dynasty(1320-1413A.D) –
- The Syed Dynasty(1414-1451A.D) –
- The Lodhi Dynasty(1451-1526A.D) –
- The Administration of Sultanate
- The rise of kingdoms with the decline of the Sultanate
- The life of the people during the Sultnate.
- Social, Religious and Economic Life of the people during this period.
- Language and Literature Architecture, Painting and music
Europe in the Middle Ages: Feudalism
- Definition and Meaning
- Working of the Feudal System
- Life of people, condition of women and rights of the first two estates in the Feudal Society.
- Breakdown of Feudal society
- Causes of the decline of Feudal society
Society and Culture in Asia-The Mughals in India
- Brief introduction of the arrival of the Mughals.
- Babur's invasion
- Flow chart depicting the order of Mughal rulers.
- Influence of the administrative, economic system and religious reform on Indian society.
- Growth of art, architecture and language during this period
- Land as a resource
- Land utilisation patterns
- Soil and Factors of soil formation
- Types of soil
- Land/Soil degradation
- Conservation measures
Interior of the Earth
- Properties and characteristics
- Formation of Rocks
- Types of Rocks
- Uses of Rocks
- Concept of vegetation
- Concept of flora and fauna
- Types of vegetation of the world
- Polar - Desert
- Forest and wild life conservation of forest and wild life
Water - Water on land
- Importance of water on our Earth
- Differentiate fresh and saline water
- The water cycle - its processes
- Importance of water cycle
- Conservation of water
- Effective and sustainable uses of water
Governance: Different Kinds of Governance
- Meaning of governance: Origin and historical perspective
- Kinds of governance
- On the basis of p olitics: dictatorship, auth oritarian, m o narch y, rep u blic an d theocracy.
- On the basis of eco n o m y: capitalism, communism and socialism.
- On the basis of authority exercised: totalitarian, democracy and oligarchy along with the case studies.
- Good governance :Key elements
Distribution of Power and Centers of Power
- Distribution of power: the concept and the historical perspective.
- Centers of power in relation to the distribution of power throughout the world
- Characteristics of Center of power
Birth and Growth of Democracy
- Meaning of Democracy
- Features of Democracy
- Emergence and Expansion of Democracy
- Merits of Democracy
- Demerits of Democracy
Forms of Democratic Government
- Types of democracy - Direct and Indirect
- Concept of Party System and Election
- Traditional instruments of direct democracy The Referendum, Recall and Plebiscite
- Difference between direct and indirect forms of democracy
Economic and Non- economic activities
- Concept of economic and non- economic activities
- Relevance of economic activities in the development of the country
Types of Economics
- Concept of an Economy Types of Economics-
- Capitalist economy
- Socialist economy
- Mixed economy