Business Studies (BS 1222) - Grade 12
|Unit 1||Introduction to Management||10||Read more|
|Unit 2||Principles of Management||10||Read more|
|Unit 3||Global Business Environment||10||Read more|
|Unit 4||Planning||05||Read more|
|Unit 5||Organizing||10||Read more|
|Unit 6||Staffing||05||Read more|
|Unit 7||Directing||05||Read more|
|Unit 8||Controlling||05||Read more|
|Unit 9||Financial Management||10||Read more|
|Unit 10||Financial Markets||10||Read more|
|Unit 11||Marketing Management||10||Read more|
|Unit 12||Consumer Protection||10||Read more|
Introduction to Management
- Management–concept, objectives and importance.
- Management as science, art and profession.
- Levels of management
- Management functions planning, organising, staffing, directing and controlling.
- Coordination- concept, characteristics and importance.
Principles of Management
- Principles of management - concept, nature and significance.
- Fayol's general principles of management
- Taylor's scientific management principles and techniques.
Global Business Environment
- Global Business Environment –After going through this Unit, the Concept and Importance students will be able to:
- Dimensions of Global Business Environment – Political, Economic, Social, Technological and Legal
- Impact of Government policy changes on business
- Concept, importance and limitations
- Planning process
- Single use and Standing plans - objective, strategy, policy, procedure, method, rule, budget, programme
- Concept and importance.
- Organizing Process
- Structure of organisation- Formal and Informal.
- Functional and Divisional.
- Delegation: concept, elements and importance.
- Decentralization: concept and importance
- Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of human resource management.
- Staffing process-
- Recruitment- sources
- Selection- process
- Training and development-concept and importance. Methods of training- on the job and off the job- Induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training, and internship training.
- Concept and importance
- Elements of directing
- Supervision- concept, functions of a supervisor.
- Motivation- concept, Maslow's theory of hierarchy of needs, financial and non financial incentives.
- Leadership- concept, styles- authoritative, democratic, and laissez faire Communication- concept, formal and informal communication, barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers.
- Concept,nature and importance
- Relationship between planning and controlling.
- Steps in the process of control
- identify the steps in the process of control, i.e. establishment of objectives, measurement of performance, recording of deviations and taking corrective measures.
- Concept and objectives of financial management
- Financial decisions: investment, financing and dividend
- Financial planning: concept and importance
- Capital structure- concept and factors affecting.
- Fixed and working capital - concept and factors affecting their requirements
- Financial Markets: Concept and Types
- Money market Instruments
- Capital Markets and its types – Primary and Secondary
- Stock Exchange – Functioning
- Depository Services and Dematerialization
- Regulation of Financial Markets.
- Marketing – concept and functions
- Marketing management philosophies
- Marketing Mix – concept
- Product – concept, branding, labeling and packaging.
- Price – factors determining price.
- Physical distribution- concept, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion–concept and elements; advertising- concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling – concept and qualities of a good salesman, sales promotion – concept nd techniques, public elations – concept and role.
- Concept and importance of consumer protection.
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers
- Red ressal mechanism.
- Consumer awareness – Role of the State and consumer organizations.